Saturday, June 19, 2010

When an Albertsons doubler is more than "just a dollar."

An Albertsons doubler is an Albertsons coupon that you use with a manufacturers coupon. Albertsons is basically matching the value of your coupon up to $1.00--they send them out in the Sunday paper once or twice a month. Why is this extra dollar worth your time? because it isn't just ONE dollar. There are three doublers per sheet, matched up to a $1.00--this means it is SIX dollars. Is six dollars free worth my time? YES!!! Buy two newspapers, or if you are lucky enough to find an Albertsons that hands them out at customer service, and it is $12.00!! $12.00 basically for free! Three sheets of doublers means $18.00.......you get my point! (just remember you can only use three doublers per transaction. so you will have to separate your transactions to use more than one set.)

How far can you make this $ go? well last week I purchased two arm and hammer laundry detergents usually priced $4.99 each. They were on sale buy one get one free. I had a coupon for $1.00 off of two, which Albertsons then doubled. So now I have $2.00 off of two. But remember that it was buy one get one. So $9.98 becomes $7.98 with coupons and then subtract the $4.99 and it is now $2.99 with the sale. So I paid $1.50 for each detergent instead of $4.99. That is more than half off, and the best part is that I only used one doubler!

With my second doubler I bought a box of cheerios that was on sale for $1.99. I had a $1.00 coupon, doubled. Now my cheerios were free!

I paid $2.99 for two laundry detergents and a box of cheerios and still had one double left. To me, that is more than "just a dollar!"

No comments:

Post a Comment