Wednesday, December 29, 2010

It's a New Year! (well almost)

With the new year approaching, many people make resolutions, either long term or short term goals. As a couponer, I must say, I have a few of my own. Never in the past have I paid much attention to resolutions, but this year, I want to make a difference in our family's life.

My husband attends college full time. This was a big step for us with our kids, but we want to be better off in the future. Thats where coupons began for me. Needing to save even more after we had taken out any extra expenses we didn't need. We don't owe anything on our cars, and besides some student loans, we have our house. My Hubby only has a little over a year to go, but I have a lot I want to accomplish by then.

My goals for this year is to:
1. Get up earlier so I have more time to tackle my to-do list (for those of you who don't know me, I am far from a morning person). 2. Quadruple my stock-pile ( I've been at this for a little over 6 months and have so far to go). 3. Devote more time to our reader and watch everyone's couponing grow into more than a $ saver, but a blessing to their family and those around them they can help. and 4. Work towards starting a business. I'm a stay at home mom of 4 and homeschool as well. I love graphic design and now couponing is following in step. As much time as I pretend to have, I would like to work towards a small online business that involves my design side. To top it all off, I will always include the things I work towards everyday: being a great wife, mom, sister, friend, and following the path God has laid before me.

So now I ask you: What is your resolution?
If you save the average of 35% a month by coupons, can you double that to 70%? Do you give back? Take everyday necessities to a women's shelter, or donate time at a kids center? Do you give coupons more time that you give your kids? Are you a coupon skeptic? Maybe coupon for 3 months and see if its worth your time? Are you debt free? Do you use the $ you save to help your family reach financial independence or splurge on things you can live without? We all have the choice to set new paths in motion. What will your goal be this year?

Happy Coupoing!
{ -Rachel- }

No comments:

Post a Comment