Saturday, October 22, 2011

Stockpile Dinner Menu: My Dinner Menu Based Off My Stockpile! 10-23 to 10-29

One of my pet peeves is spending a day racking my brain as to what we should have for dinner. It really drives me nuts; literally. To avoid this pain in my brain, I started making dinner menus. I would say it's been a part of our family's survival for about 4 years. It makes sense to me to spend 10-15 minutes making a menu for the month versus an all day, everyday, nonstop and painful thought process in my brain. 15 minutes? Sounds so much better to me.

I love making a menu! I know I've said it before, but I truly do. It allows me keep tabs on my stockpile and put my energy to better use. Instead of spending the day coming up with a dinner plan, I can focus on my 4 crazy but sweet kids. :)

Here's what I have planned this week:

Sunday:
  • Hawaiian Sandwiches (a fave with the kids)
  • I will need to get out a Pot Roast for Monday
Monday:
  • Crock Pot Roast with onions, peppers, carrots, and garlic
  • Salad
Tuesday:
  • Vegetable Pasta Salad
  • Leftover pot roast
Wednesday:
  • Grilled Ham and Cheese sandwiches
  • Apple and Pear slices
Thursday:
  • Taco bar! (ground beef, rice, cheese, onions, tomatoes, olives, peppers, and sauces)
Friday: 
  • Amariah's Choice (my oldest loves to cook on Fridays so I will probably let her do  Chicken Alfredo w/green beans)

Saturday:
  • Grilled Cheese sandwiches w/Tomato Soup
That's it for this week. Pretty much the only things I'll need to buy is bread and produce. Oh, and I still have a coupon for Express Salad that I'll use as well. Everything from my stockpile is: ground beef, tortillas, taco shells, shredded cheese, mayo, mustard, chicken, pasta, salad dressing, tomato soup, pot roast, frozen green beans, rice and pineapple.

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • 

Rachel's Recipes!

This week I want to share with you my Vegetable Pasta Salad. I love this salad because it's easy to get your carbs, veggies, and meat all in one. 

What you need:
  • 1 box of either Penne pasta or Rotini past
  • 1/2 cup of either Creamy Caesar dressing or Italian dressing
  • Your choice of chopped veggies like: bell peppers, olives, broccoli, tomatoes, carrots, ect.
  • 1/2 cup shredded cheese of your choice
  • Chopped chicken or Shredded Pot Roast
How to make:
  • Cook pasta as directed
  • let sit in strainer while you chop your veggies
  • mix pasta and veggies together in a large bowl
  • pour on dressing and mix
  • add meat to your salad or put on the side
  • serve either chilled or warm (should serve 4-5 as a meal or 6-8 as a side)
This is a super quick meal. I love it and so do my kids. You can cool it if you like, which is perfect for summer, or you can serve warm, which is perfect for winter and with meat in it. I take this to all my pot luck type events and it is always requested at family gatherings. It's a perfect dish.

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • 

PRINTABLES!
If you're interested in starting a menu, you should print this out!

Also, check out this shopping list!

The shopping list is great for making a list of your top 10 items you love to stock up on. Also, your family can add things you need to pick up through out the week.

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • 

How to use these printables!
Print out these sheets and put them in a page protector sleeve. Then grab a dry erase marker to start your menus and list. Simply wipe clean when needed. Hang on your fridge with magnets and you're good to go.


No comments:

Post a Comment