I have to say this week's dinner menu is looking pretty good!
I did spend a bit more than usual this week on my groceries, but I wanted to try some new things. To do this, I added the cost of tilapia fish.
So, here's what the week look like:
I thought I would share a new recipe that I'll be trying for the
Black Beans & Ground Beef Tacos
- 1 lb. of lean ground beef (or use ground turkey that's on sale this week at Fred Meyer)
- 1 can black beans
- 12 oz. Salsa
- 3/4 package of shredded cheese (I love the Mexican blend for added spice)
- Hard taco shells or tortillas
- Toppings: olives, tomatoes, lettuce, sour cream (I use ranch)
- Brown the ground meat in a skillet on medium heat. Drain grease.
- Add black beans and salsa in meat and put heat on low to medium.
- Cook until beans are throughly heated. The salsa juices will boil a bit.
- Heat taco shells or tortillas
- When beans, meat, and salsa is heated, add cheese
- Let melt and blend into meat, bean, and salsa mixture
- Set toppings out and prepare to serve.
Have fun planning! Here is the menu that I use to plan my meals. I have it on my fridge in a sheet protector and use wet erase pens on it.
I'd also love to hear about any recipes regarding fish or beans. Have one you love? Let me know!