Monday, January 23, 2012

In my Kitchen: Gingerbread Pancakes

I love breakfast for dinner! I usually make it once a week--not only is it delicious, but it is also a cheap meal :)
One of my favorites is pancakes, but they can have a lot of sugar. Add in the maple syrup and you might as well call it dessert. Since Rachel and I have made a goal to cut out sugar, I decided to make gingerbread pancakes instead last night (yes, they still have a little sugar in them). I cooked some apples in butter and cinnamon to replace the butter and syrup on my pancakes.





Gingerbread pancakes:
2 cups pancake mix
1/4 cup molasses
1/2 T. ginger
1 T. cinnamon
add water to your desired consistency 






Apple topping:
2 apples sliced, peeled
cinnamon
butter
cook apples in butter on medium heat, covered; cook until tender then sprinkle with cinnamon




I had all of the ingredients to make the pancakes in my stockpile, and I had the apples in my fridge! I served them with some scrambled eggs for a little bit of protein. Cheap and tasty!

No comments:

Post a Comment