Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Are you looking for more coupons that you actually need?




Last week I asked everyone if they were interested in a Coupon Train. Most responded, What is a Coupon Train? A Coupon Train is where one person puts all the coupons they won't use in an envelope and passes it on to another person who then takes out the coupons they want and replaces them with coupons they won't use. It is a great way to get more coupons for the products you use. The problem is sending that envelope everywhere can start to get pretty pricey. Especially as it gets full!

Trying to think of another way to help each other out and talking with the other girls that help with the blog, we decided a better way to do this is to trade coupons. I have so many coupons that expire each month and I would really like to see them go to someone that can actually use them. Coupons that you could trade can be anything from peelies found on a product you purchased, tear pad coupons you may not have time to use, extra internet coupons you printed, or anything from magazines or the paper you have no use for. Honestly, if you don't have little ones in diapers; just think how happy and helpful you could be to someone that does!

Another upside to coupon trading is you can trade with couponers from other regions. Hallelujah, for us Spokanites! For some reason, our coupon region lacks coupons. We don't always get the same coupons as other areas and sometimes I really want the coupons we didn't get! Or, sometimes I want more of a certain coupon, but I don't want to pay for extra newspapers to get them. Trading would allow me to share and in return, get more of what I'm looking for by only paying the cost of a stamp.

With everyone in agreement, we're ready to launch this! We want to start this on our facebook page. Here is how it would work: Basically you would just post on there what you are looking for and/or what you are willing to trade.

Example:
I would post: ISO (in search of) 2 Huggies coupons, Up for trade 3 $1 Ken's Dressing.
You would reply: I'll trade.

or


You post: ISO $1 Ken's Dressing I reply: I have 3 if you have Cover Girl coupons.

Then you would message each other and exchange addresses.


So, who is up for a trade?
Keep your eyes open and start looking through your personal stash.
This is going to be fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment