Wednesday, July 21, 2010

How to make money at Walgreens

so today I thought I would make a little bit of money by shopping at Walgreens. I found a few Register Reward deals to take advantage of.

first I bought 2 Dr. Scholl's arch support inserts. Not something I would normally buy, but they were needed to do my second transaction. The wooden ruler is my $0.09 filler item (needed to make my total before tax go above $0.00)






arch supports = $6.99 each

used 2 $2.00 manufacturer coupons (from Dr. Scholls website)

used 2 $5.00 walgreens coupons from July coupon book



total OOP = $1.29 and I recieved a $5.00 register reward back!

My second transaction I bought 2 boxes of Fiber Plus granola bars (hey, I'll give them a try. why not?) and a tube of Colgate toothpaste (and another $0.09 ruler as a filler item. You can not have more coupons than items.)


granola bars 2/$5.00

used 2 $1.00 coupons from kellogg's website

colgate toothpaste $3.49

used $1.00 from last Sunday's coupon insert

used my $5.00 RR from transaction 1

total OOP = $0.89 and recieved a $3.50 RR from colgate, and a $2.00 RR from Kellogg's!

Spent $2.18 (less than the cost of one toothpaste) and walked away with $5.50

Watch for register reward deals that you already have coupons for, or that you can print off coupons for! this lowers your out of pocket expense and can potentially give you a register reward worth more than the money you paid for the items. I am going to use my $2.00 RR this Sunday to buy a Sunday paper, so basically I am getting a free paper this week, and I will still have another $3.50 to spend!

~Shannan~

No comments:

Post a Comment