Thursday, July 22, 2010

My Coupon Diary: Day 12: 07-22-10

Day 12: 07-22-10

It is weird to me to think we've been working on this diary project for almost 2 weeks now! And when I say, "we", I mean you and I. I really do hope what I'm doing is showing you that there is an easy way to coupon. The time put in is up to me. There are days that I don't have time to look at much (example: yesterday's diary entry) and I have days when I can spend time mapping things out. I actually thought I would have more time this week with my Hubby traveling, but something about 4 kids kept me busy!


Like today; I really didn't spend time on couponing. I decided to paint the girls' room. Crazy, I know, but we tend to live on spur of the moment ideas around here. I do have to say it turned out good (with a big thanks to Shannan for helping, of course). I didn't spend a penny. I used old paint we had from our kitchen years ago. It's a coco color. Their room has a chair rail and the top is a light pink with the bottom a pink/purple stripe. I just covered the stripe. My next goal for them is new bedding for the older two. Ataviah's bedding isn't that old and is in good shape (plus I love it).


While thinking about my cheap project, I started thinking about couponing and how things are cheap if not free. One thing I do add to my couponing activities is free samples. One site I have "liked" on Facebook is "Allyou Magazine". They post a free sample everyday and I, in turn, sign up for it and post it for our readers. It's not silly stuff either (a small roll of Cottenelle toilet paper I got from Walmart is silly. Literally). A few days ago I was able to sign up for U-Kotex girly items. It was really nice because I got to decide between 4 sample packs! I picked the one with the tampons and panty liners (thats how I roll. Not a pad girl by any means). Yesterday it was some deep hydrating conditioner and today was a perfume thats new on the market. I'm not a perfume person, but hey, you never know unless you try. And hey, if you're going to try something new, you might as well get it for free!


See, I told you it was silly! I haven't used mine, but Shannan said she got 3 trips out of it. Just looking at it makes me giggle.


To find sites on free samples click here and go the the Sample section!
My Total Left to Spend This Week: $1.29


Happy Couponing!
{ -Rachel- }

No comments:

Post a Comment