Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Does Couponing Save? March 2011

Does Couponing Save?

I have to say I can't beleive how fast March went by! So here we are again looking at what I've spend this month. I'm excited to figure this out because this month has the cost of my Zaycon Foods chicken order. We'll see how much this impacted my month!

Remember, I have 4 kiddos and we eat 95% of our meals at home. I figured this out once to be over 89 meals that are prepared and eaten in our home in a months time. I also like to add every month that we order 1/2 a cow every year with our income tax return so you will not see meat on my lists.

Alright, here we go (if you can't tell, I'm figuring this all out as I type so it's new info to as much as it is to you).

March 2011


Albertsons
4 Kellogg's Apple Jacks
6 Kellogg's Frosted Flakes
2 Kellogg's Cereal (receipt doesn't say which kind)
2 Kellogg's Pop Tarts
3 Bag of Marshmellows
4 Kellogg's Crispex
2 Kellogg's Rice Crispies
2 Kellogg's Cocoa Crispies
2 Kellogg's Froot Loops
2 Pringles Chips
1 Iams Dog Food
8 Chex Mix Dark Chocolate
4 Honey Bunches of Oats Raisin Medley
Total Before Sale and Coupons: $189.86
My Total: $37.76 and received $10 Cat from P&G Promo and $5 Card Reward
Savings of: $152.10 or 80%


FredMeyer
10 Tillamook Shredded Cheese
4 Covergirl Mascara (I loved this sale!)
4 Covergirl Eye Shadows
2 Chex Mix
Total Before Sale and Coupons: $94.14
My Total: $24.88
Savings of: $69.26 or 74%


RiteAid
1 Halls Cough Drop
1 Thermacare Heating Packs
2 Reeses Cups
9 Dixie Paper Plates
1 Tilex Shower Freshener
1 Clorox Wipes
1 Pledge
1 Scrubbing Bubbles Toilet Gel
1 Visine Max Red Eye Releif
10 Huggies Jumbo Pack size 4
2 Gain Dish Soap
1 Band Aid
3 12pck. Jumbo Eggs
3 Cans Sliced Pineapple
1 Mott's Applesauce
18 Bumble Bee Tuna
4 Airwik Aerosol Spray
2 Herbal Essence Travel size shampoo
2 Orbitz Gum
4 Trident Gum
Total Before Sale and Coupons: $302.14
My Total: $49.10 and received over 50 in +ups
Savings of: $253.04 or 84%



Safeway
8 Betty Crocker Fruit Snacks
4 Quaker Oatmeal Squares Cereal
Total Before Sale and Coupons: $37.08
My Total: $5.27 and received 2 $2 Cats for the fruit snacks and used it on the cereal.
Savings of: $31.81 or 86%



Walgreens
8 Chex Mix
Total Before Sale and Coupons: $18.75
My Total: $3.67
Savings of: $15.08 or 80%




Yokes
2 Dozen Eggs
Total Before Sale and Coupons: $4.39
My Total: $1.41
Savings of: $2.98 or 68%




Zaycon Foods
40lb. of Chicken
Total before Sale and Coupons: $1.59/lb or $63.60
My Total (after a $4 credit): $1.49/lb. or $59.60
Savings of: $4.00 or 6% (I'm laughing at this but I know I got a gooood price!)

Extra Items:
15 loaves of bread $22
10 gallons of milk $25
Produce $18

Okay, so here's the grand total of everything:
Total Before Sale and Coupons: $772.96
My Total: $246.69
Savings of: $526.27 or 68%
Rewards Received: Around $70! (I always say: Use your rewards to earn more. It makes your out of pocket cost a lot less!)

Holy Cow! I'm really impressed that I stayed under $250 with the cost of the chicken! I thought for sure I would be over $250 this month!
I have to say that I've gotten the chance to talk to a few people and how coupons have changed their lives. It seems, in most cases, that when people start couponing they soon after have something financial happen. The couponing lets them deal with that and still put food on the table. If you are someone who has been blessed through the use of coupons, let me know! I would love to share your story. Maybe you're able to donate, or help friends, or (like mentioned above) deal with an unexpected financial difficulty... Let me know!

My Previous Months:
Happy Couponing!
{ -Rachel- }


No comments:

Post a Comment