Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Lovin' The Rewards!

One of my favorite stores is Albertsons. They have this wonderful rewards program that I love using to my advantage. Simply get 1 point for every dollar spent before coupons. Once you've earned 5000 points you will receive a $5 reward towards your next purchase (this prints at the bottom of your receipt). The points are racked up in quarters so you have approximately 3 months to earn your $5 before the points start over and before the reward expires (this makes it easy to wait for a good sale and some sale items are worth double points). You can also earn multiple rewards within the quarter. To learn more about their reward program go HERE.

I shop at Albertsons at least once a week. If I don't go, my hubby does. I have to say, we earn points rather fast. Coupons allow you to spend less and reach that 5000 point value quickly. My husband hits Albertsons for me to pick up bread and milk on a regular basis (we do have 4 kids). He also will stop there to feed his pop habit by buying two 24 cases of Diet Pepsi in a single trip (I don't encourage this) and we also use Albertsons for putting gas in our cars. Not only do we earn points for our $5 rewards, but we also accrue a gas discount. 

Here's how I used my $5 rewards to get super cheap toilet paper last night:


I did the same transaction twice:

2 Angel Soft Toilet Paper $5.99
(buy 2 get $1 cat oyno)
1 Mission Artisan Tortillas $2.49
-used 2 $1/1 Angel Soft from HERE
-used 1 $1/1 Artisan Torlillas from past tear pad
-used 3 doublers (twice the value coupon)
Total: $8.47
-used $5 reward
-used $2 cat from last week
Total: $1.47 +tax 

So after coupons, doublers, catalinas, and rewards, I spent $.49 (92% savings) for each item and I'm pretty sure 
I'M OKAY WITH THAT!!!! :) 
And I have a good amount of TP to add to my stockpile (three of my kids are girls. Yes, save me now).

To learn more about shopping at Albertsons go HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment